HQPlayer Embedded v184.108.40.206
HQPlayer Embedded v220.127.116.11 | 16.68 MB
HQPlayer – the upsampling multichannel HD-audio player for Windows and Linux. HQPlayer is a high quality audio player for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Linux, capable of bypassing the operating system’s software mixer and resampler. HQPlayer also features several selectable high quality upsampling / downsampling algorithms as well as selectable dither / noise shaping algorithms.
All modern DACs employ upsampling/oversampling, however the hardware implementations are more or less constrained. Higher quality upsampling can be done by utilizing vast mount of processing power available in modern PCs. Many AVRs also resample internally to 48, 96 or 192 kHz, with the HQPlayer, these can be fed at the native rate.
Want to buy 192/24 files for future but currently own only 96/24 capable hardware? Resampling and dither/noise shaper can be used to playback high resolution files on a lower resolution hardware, allowing future-proof investment on high resolution files.
For digital room correction and other equalization purposes, selectable convolution algorithms are included. Convolution engine supports RIFF (WAV) format FIR impulse responses, which can be produced with suitable software, such as Room EQ Wizard or DRC.
Supported source formats:
• CDDA (Audio CD)
• DSDIFF (DFF, non-compressed)
• RIFF (WAV, including DXD)
Supported playlist formats:
• M3U / M3U8
• Software upsamplig / downsampling with selectable algorithm up to 32-bit 1.536 MHz or down to 16-bit 44.1 kHz (13 options, most “apodizing”)
• Delta-Sigma modulator for upsampling PCM/DSD content up to 24.576 MHz 1-bit SDM (5 oversampling options)
• Selectable dithering / noise shaping algorithm (7 options)
• Selectable convolution algorithm (FIR) for equalization, such as digital room correction (2 options)
• Software-based digital volume control for PCM and SDM
• Playback of DSF/DSDIFF files through any supported audio interface (PCM conversion)
• Selectable algoritm and noise filters for DSF/DSDIFF playback (7 / 6 options)
• Native/direct playback of DSF/DSDIFF files.
• Playback of stereo, 2.1, 3.0, quadrophonic, 3.1, 5.0, 5.1 and 7.1 channel material
• Speaker configuration for multichannel playback (delay and level) for PCM and SDM
• Bypasses operating system software mixer and sample rate conversion
• Support for professional ASIO drivers
• Multi-room support with Signalyst Asynchronous Network Audio Adapters
• Support for ID3v2 tags on AIFF, DSF and WAV files (versions 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4)
• CD read jitter correction
• Smooth level limiter for clipped material
• Desktop and touch screen friendly embedded user interfaces
• 64-bit floating point processing
• Light-weight GUI in Desktop version to lower graphics noise
• 5 linear phase
• 5 minimum phase
• 3 impulse optimal
Dithers and noise-shapers:
• 4 dithers
• 4 noise shapers
• 1 modulator
• 5 oversampling filters
• Direct rate conversions
• Digital volume control